Energy Saving Tips
There are many ways to conserve energy without compromising your current lifestyle. Being smart about your energy consumption will help you save money and make a positive impact on the environment. Use our helpful tips and start saving money and energy today!
Having the proper insulation can keep your heating and cooling system from wasting energy.
- Contact a home energy audit service to discover how much energy your home consumes and how you can make your home more efficient.
- Insulate your attic (most attics require 9-14” of insulation depending on the type).
Heating and Cooling
The majority of your energy bill is from your heating and cooling costs. Now is the time to make some energy-saving changes.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Set thermostat to 78 degrees in the summer, and 68 degrees in the winter
- Close doors to rooms you are not using. This will help either heat or cool the main areas of your home more effectively.
- During summer months, keep your curtains drawn and blinds shut to help keep your home cool.
- During the winter months, keep your southern and western window shades open to help warm the house.
- Use your fans when you can during summer months in place of turning on your air conditioner.
- Replace air filters every month so your heating and cooling systems function at their optimal level.
- Is it time for a new air conditioning unit? If it's more than 15 years old, it may be time to replace it with an energy efficient model. You could save up to 40% with a new model.