WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), utility account information and other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. If your birth date is required to order a specific product or service, you will not be able to enter a birth date that indicates you are less than 13 years old.
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use web beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, make available for sale, or authorize the sale of your personal information.
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by our selected partners and us.
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
With your prior affirmative written consent or other verifiable authorization, or without your consent as otherwise permitted or required by law, we may share personal information as follows:
- For use by others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection and safety purposes, for example:
- We may share information to comply with laws;
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated data, that has been redacted of your personal information, with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails provide instructions on how you may “opt-out.” If you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We take all steps deemed reasonable to help protect any information we hold about you as secure as possible. Due to the nature of the internet, no company, including Clearview Electric, Inc. can give absolute assurance your information will be secure 100% of the time. Clearview Energy, Inc. will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your information. Clearview Energy, Inc. uses appropriate, commercially available anti-virus software to ensure that this website does not carry viruses. However, due to the rapidly developing nature of viruses and the Internet, we strongly recommend that you employ similar anti-virus software when accessing the Clearview Electric, Inc. website. Clearview Electric, Inc. makes no warranty that the website or email correspondence is free from such viruses.
please contact us: Call: toll-free 800-746-4702,
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST.
Mail: Clearview Energy, Inc. P.O. Box 130659
Dallas, TX 75313 Attn: Customer Service.