While retail electric providers like Clearview Energy supply the power to the regional power grid, your TDU delivers the electricity that flows into your home. The TDU is responsible for power outages and repairs. Your utility continues to be responsible for:
- Delivery of electricity to all users in their service area.
- Reliability and safety of the electricity distribution system.
- Maintenance of the electricity poles and wires.
- Meter readings and maintenance.
- Providing customer services related to the electricity distribution system such as cable locations and 24-hour emergency service.
- Connecting and disconnecting the customer’s property to the electricity distribution system.